Working fix (How to fix Rewrite test failed ) Hello dear reader, to be here i know you must have encounter this error message (Rewrite test failed! The wp_remote_get() returns a 403 error code:Forbidden) by WP Hide & Security Enhancer PLUGIN FOR WORDPRESS.
its good to give your site series of security due to the fact that hackers can capitalize on some visible clues to execute attacks on a website, WP Hide & Security Enhancer HELPS you hide your website CMS and plugins LEAVING AN attacker guess and stress to figure out best way to attack a site which they may give up on if there is no back door.
there is an issue with this plugin where it gives critical error with 403 forbidden return. this is because the site security systems blocks the plugin from rewriting files and this is usually controled by .htacess file of your website. to fix this. do the following
- Login to your website Cpanel.
- GO TO File manager
- Select and open the root folder public_html
- Find the .htacess file of your site, this file might have been corrupted but save and back it up by right clicking on the htaccess file and click download to save it on your computer delete the htacess file from your website root.
- then login to your WordPress site admin panel.
- Goto Settings select permalinks, go down the page and hit save.
- Congratulations after deleting and re saving permalink, it will generate a new .htacess file, with this the WP Hide & Security Enhancer 403 error will be solved and the plugin will now work fine.
How to fix Rewrite test failed The wp_remote_get() returns a 403 error code:Forbidden
5 minutes 5 minutes
Login to your website Cpanel.
Connect and login to your cpanel or ftp account
GO TO File manager
open file manager through ftp client like fileziller or web cpanel
Select and open the root folder public_html
open cpanel go to filemanager and select publicl_html folder.
Find the .htacess file of your site
Backup and delete htacess of your site having the issue.
then login to your WordPress site admin panel
goto settings in wordpress admin, click on permalinks and resave it. this will create an new .htacess for your website in the file manager.
Issue is Resolved
cheers and congrats, please share this post, if it helped you.